Friday, June 6, 2008

Wash their hands and BAKE

We made these many times in the early years. Everyone likes to make food with their hands. Hopefully you have a little hand brush and along with soap you can do a fast scrub job on little hands before starting. Let's make Aggression Cookies Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a very large bowl (I had one of those plastic Tupperware bowls big enough to put your youngest in) put: 6 cups of oatmeal 3 cups brown sugar 3 cups butter (yikes I know, it's a pound and a half) 3 cups flour 1 tablespoon baking soda
I cut the butter into a bit smaller pieces but you don't have to if they are at room temperature. MASH, KNEAD, and SQUEEZE this mixture until your aggression is under control. Or until there are no more lumps of butter and the flour is all mixed in. Once it is all holding together, aggression is gone you can form it into balls the size of walnuts. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Butter the bottom of a small glass, have your child dip it in sugar and flatten each ball of cookie dough. These cookies spread so give them space on the cookie sheet to do so. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool until crisp. They are very tasty and good. Store in air tight container to keep them crisp. The dough keeps in the refrigerator nicely in a Ziploc bag. Your children can not mess up these cookies and nothing is better than playing in your food! If you make these, take a photo and send it to me for a blog of everyone making aggression cookies.
(Recipe comes from my favorite book "The Mother's Almanac" but Marguertie Kelly and Elia Parsons. I still haven't mastered why this program takes every space I put in the recipes and mashes them all together in a mess (aggression I guess) so to help you read this I put every other paragraph in a darker text. One day I figure out how to fix this!

No comments: