Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A childhood dream of mine

I was imaginative child. Too bad my mom is no longer here to attest to that. She'd tell you about my imaginary friends and my thinking at 2 I was a horse.
There was a lovely song that goes as so...
White coral bells upon a slender stock
Lilies of the valley deck my garden walk
Oh don't you wish that you could hear them ring?
That will happen only when the fairies sing.
I didn't look these words up. They have been firmly planted in my head all my life. About 6 years ago Anna Rose gave me a bag full of lilies of the valley. They were taking over her yard. I was delighted, couldn't think of anything better to take over a northwest mossy yard! I planted them and today they deck my front walk. After a day of heat I noticed a strong heady fragrance as I walked into the house and to my amazement the lilies of the Valley are all in bloom.
Oh how I love these flowers, I hum this song in my head as I pick them. My home fills with their presence. I love their waxy sturdy bells. And I still listen for the Fairy's to sing so my bells will ring!
Enjoy wish I could share their deeply rich smell

No comments: