Thursday, March 6, 2008

Oatmeal Lace

Oh this is a dear old recipe. I was living with another family during my college years. When we would come home from dates and activities the mom would cook goodies for us. One was Oatmeal lace. They don't come off of the foil until cool and it was a contest to see how much cookie you could get off before completely cook. These are so very good. Love and care for this dear recipe of mine! pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 1 cube (1/2 cup) butter melted add: 1 1/2 cups oatmeal (I use the old fashion) Sift together: 3/4 cup white sugar, 1 teas. flour (that's it folks!), 1 teas baking powder, and 1/2 teas salt Stir into butter with a fork Add 1 egg beaten with 2 teas Vanilla Extract Lay aluminum foil on at least two cookie sheets (you'll need one to cook and one to cool) Now this is important place about 1 teaspoon of dough about 3"apart on the cookie sheet. These spread like crazy. They turn to a puddle on the sheet. Not to worry! Cook 8-10 minutes. The point being no part of the cookie should look doughy. They need to be a rich light brown all over. Remove the foil to a cooling sheet being careful to keep cookies flat. DO NOT touch until the cookies are completely cool. The cookies will then lift right off. makes about 2 2/2 dozen. The cookies are sensitive to moisture here in the Northwest I keep them in a Tupperware sealed container. They are crisp!

The bottoms look so smooth and crisp

2 comments:

~L said...

These DELICIOUS cookies are what I made in December for a cookie exchange I went to and a bunch of people loved them and begged for the recipe from me. I can vouch for their absolute tastiness! And the fact that they come off the foil perfectly if you let them cool, and if you try too soon, you'll mess them all up.One batch makes a lot too, I think 3-4 pans worth.

Eden said...

Clint talks about these cookies and now that I've read the recipe I think they'll be easy enough to try. Sounds delicious!