Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fried Rice

Youngest Daughter is making fried rice for dinner. Now doesn't that sound fast and cool, only a few moments over the stove. Here is my favorite recipe.
It comes from an HP book "Cookery for 1 or 2" by Barbara Swain it's dated 1978. The recipe has had a lot of use. I prefer to use day old rice. I think it works better when it is chilled first.
Some people like a teas. of sesame oil in the rice in the middle of cooking and broth can be used instead of the water.

Click to make larger and print

Notice how stained the page is? 1978 was before scanning and printing which I love! I scan my most used recipes and put them in a plastic sleeve and they look as good as new for each use. Some of my old recipes have missing ingredients due to spills! he he

No comments: