Monday, November 1, 2010

Have you voted?

We have a Privilege in the U.S.A.

  We Vote.

Tomorrow is Election day.

Here in Snohomish county they have made it harder and harder to vote.

Primaries are now in August during Scout camps and family trips and Fair for me.
Just last year we could drop our ballots off at agood many places, one only a couple of miles from me, now there are only a very few sites.
I used to drop my ballot where a couple of people watched over the box now boxes are outside where no one keeps track of them.
How could it have changed so fast?
Today I filled out my ballot and a friend drove it to one of the drop off boxes.
She was in line for ever so long. 
She said it reminded her of the parking at the mall during Christmas. 

Plan ahead if you will be mailing your ballot putting it in your box tomorrow might be too late if your carrier has a long route.
Put your stamp on that envelope and drive it to the post office tonight.  

The Delany sisters lived to be over 104, & 109 years old, their father born into slavery.
The things they took notice of in history gives me pause.
As you go to vote, pray and..............

Remember Bessie Delany's words " Negroes, more than anyone, need to make sure they vote, to make themselves heard in the system.  We've come a long, long way in a short, short time since slavery days, and there ain't no use in quitting now.  It's true that you can't change the world with your one vote, but if you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain.  And honey, I surely do not want to give up my right to complain, no sir!"







3 comments:

McDishy said...

Believe it or not I have heard of Snohomish County!!! I used to work for a company who had customers there. Great advice, thanks for being generous in your sharing! Keep up the great writing!

Anapsis said...

jum... I'm not american I hope that one day... :)

Fonnell/Grammie/mom said...

I know the great blessing I have being American but the world over people must get involved in what is around them. Good or bad, or even evil you can't stop doing what you can. Support the good things and well you know that to do with the bad. What you think is your's no matter where you live. Think Free!